21 Eylül 2012 Cuma

A Day for Daddy's

On this special day, I want to celebrate all the wonderful father's in the world, especially mine! It takes a special man to raise 3 girls, and when I was 6 years old he finally got his reward, a boy!

My dad has always been my number one fan and number one supporter. Whether it was in soccer or dance, he came to every event to cheer me on. I have always been a daddy's girl and I have always felt comfortable coming to him with anything, good or bad. He and my mom have always had high expectations for all of us kids and disappointing them was never an option in my mind.

We have a ton of old home videos and there is one I LOVE watching. I am not born yet, but my sister Cori was 4 years old and Ruthie was 2 years old. In the video, my mom follows around the girls, while they play, dance, sing, and then there is one part where they are playing in the basement with my dad. They were playing babies and barbies, and my dad was right in the middle of the game. He is smiling and laughing with them. He was only in his 20's! What man in his 20's these days wants to spend his Saturday night playing with dolls in his basement?! Not many...

I feel so lucky to have such a strong and inspiring role model to look up to every day. So here's to you Dad! Happy Father's Day!

Here is one of my favorite songs about the love a man has for his daughter:

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder